Monday 26 November 2012

Jason Fitzgerald






 Jason Fitzgerald is a Brisbane based artist who works sculpturally using pieces f scrap wood. His works are colourful three dimensional drawing jigsaw's of splintered and chopped remains.
"My works grow and tell me when they need more. Sometimes they grow quickly and at other times they lay dormant until new growth appears. I create and control, yet am controlled by what I see. I have an urgent desire to build and create. It simply happens and I am as much part of the organic growth as the piece itself."

"I love finding beauty in brokenness, creating a piece that is visually stimulating and that holds attention rather than being something you simply walk past." Jason Fitzgerald, represented by Jan Murphy Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment