Wednesday 24 July 2013

Dominic Harvey





I knew today when I found the work of  Dominic Harvey in The Roundhouse and Capstan Gallery in Cornwall that I would have difficulty finding him on the web, unfortunately the gallery owner refused to let me take any proper photographs so there are some from Dom's site and a few from my phone (top two).

"Everything I make is obviously unique as no two pieces of wood are ever the same and I endeavour not to use a saw, preferring to leave the natural rounded edges caused by the wave action pummelling the wood along the coastline and then sand blasting it on a beach or shingle bar.
I don't over finish my work preferring to leave the wood looking similar to how I found it, shaped by the sea and sometimes riddled with holes caused by marine borers, namely the wood piddock, Terrido worm and the gribble, all of whom help to make interesting driftwood." Dominic Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment