Friday 13 February 2015

Kevin Dagg II




“As I grow older time becomes more precious. Sometimes it feels like there is no time to think, only to do. We are all swimming in a sea of data, struggling to keep our heads above water. Art is my response, my voice. It’s how I communicate and make sense of the world.  It gets me out of bed in the morning and keeps me awake at night. I am not bound by style, medium or fashion but craft is important and integrity is essential.  I seek order out of chaos and in this way I make work about life. The image is my voice so the work should speak for itself.” Kevin Dagg

This piece is called 'A Brush With Nature'  and considers the relationship between growth and decay and in particular trees lichen and moss. Kevin is a lecturer in sculpture at ECA.

No comments:

Post a Comment