Tuesday 22 August 2017

Melinda Rosenberg I


"I have tried to respond directly to the found branches, raw edges of planks and roots.  The rounded forms were an attempt to talk about love, as they were inspired by the heart shape, however that quickly got lost in the work of becoming passive.  When placed in close proximity, they appear to respond to each other." Melinda Rosenberg
Melinda Rosenberg is an american artist and sculptor excited by wood in all its incarnations who in this series of sticks has combined the natural beauty of found organic wood with worked timbers.

"I spend a good deal of time looking for wood, both in lumber yards and driving in rural Ohio looking at old barns.  I love how wood holds the memory of its growth within its grain, and how wood decays to reveal its growth structure. Once I find the wood with the right texture or grain, I try to highlight the nature of the wood as I construct the piece." 




No comments:

Post a Comment